Versatile Textiles manufactures eco safe nano silver ion based antimicrobial finish for textiles which has antiviral, antibacterial, anti fungal properties. We can help you develop hygienic and care free antibacterial/antiviral textiles at throw away price.
Why Antimicrobial is a must in Textiles?
Natural textiles are sources of unwanted microbes. Sweat, Dirt & dust present in natural textile fibres (Cellulosic & Protein) create conducive environment for microbes to grow in millions. Textile fibres having microbes can contaminate users and give rise to many diseases. Many bacteria populations double every 20–30 minutes at 36–40 deg.C and pH 5–9. A single bacteria cell can increase to 1 million cells in 7 hrs. Hence, to avoid contamination of users and to avoid bad odour, one should apply an antimicrobial finish for textiles.
Benefits of using Antimicrobial in Textiles
- Improve fabric strength
- Protects against generation of Unpleasant Odour
- Protects the fabric from Discolouration
- Protects the fabric from Stain
- Reduce chances of user contamination
Reasons for Using Silver as Antimicrobial Agent
The antibacterial activity of Silver has been known since ancient times. The King of Persia during wars used silver container for boiled water storage. Silver is still used as a disinfectant for swimming pool.
Micro organisms are unable to develop resistance against silver. After its release into the surrounding environment, silver kills the microorganisms, such as Gram negative and Gram-positive bacteria, fungi, molds, viruses, yeasts, and algae by oxidation method. Silver is safe for human health. It is being used in various areas, such as medicine, agriculture, food packaging, and water disinfection.
The textile treated with nano silver ion agent will have anti bacterial, anti fungal, anti virus, odour free properties.
Most economical chemical treatment. The cost of antimicrobial chemical treatment of textile (any substrates) is not more than Re 1 per 100 gm weight of textile.
- We manufacture a Silver-based antimicrobial agent which uses the latest nano silver ion technology that causes high reactivity leading to Lower Consumption. Versatile Antimicrobial Agent (VAM) is one of the best eco-safe antimicrobial finishes for textiles.
- We help in optimising the cost by providing consulting services for best results.
- Versatile Antimicrobial Agent (VAM) is applicable to all kinds of fabrics and textiles.
- 30+ years of expertise in the processing of various textile products.
For more details, Contact Us or email us at akjain[at]versatiletextiles.com
Applications of Versatile Antimicrobial Agent (VAM) in Textiles
Kids wear, Ladies wear, Shirts, Trousers, Suits, Knitwear, Denim, Under garments (vests, panties), Activewear, Socks, Work wear etc
Upholstery, Curtains, Bath towels, Kitchen towels, Bath robes, Napkins, Table cloths, Wipes, Blankets, Carpets etc
Mattresses, Pillow covers, Duvets, Bed sheets etc.
Gloves, Protective clothing, PPE, surgical masks, Doctor ‘s & Nurse’s gowns, Caps, Mask, Bandage, Cotton, Napkins etc.